As far as the cloud computing market is concerned, AWS is the ultimate leader. So getting a well-paid job in this field would never be a problem. AWS holds around 31% share in the global cloud computing market and has also exhibited the minimum downtime since 2015.
AWS has a more mature model of infrastructure in comparison to other cloud computing services, thus, providing more job opportunities than any other cloud providers.
So, if you want to be a professional AWS Certified Solutions Architect, you need to appear for a examination. Here’s what you need to know.
About the Exam
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam is particularly intended for individuals performing a solutions architect role.
The exam validates a candidate’s ability to effectively demonstrate knowledge of how to architect and deploy robust and secure applications on AWS technologies.
It validates an examinee’s ability to:
- Define a solution through the use of architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
- Impart implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Multiple-choice and multiple-answer questions.
- You will have a total of 130 minutes to complete the exam.
- The exam is available in English, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified Chinese.
- Practice exam registration fee is $20.
- Exam registration fee is $150.
How to prepare for the examination
- Book the exam, but don’t forget to give yourself time
When most of the candidates set out to get themselves an AWS certification, they experience a few false starts.
They’d be good for about a week, putting in an hour or two of study every night, but then they’d allow something to interrupt my routine.
It’s, therefore, heavily recommended to set yourself a hard deadline. So book the exam and prepare for it. That will force you to put pressure on yourself and you will see the results in no time.
- Find a study partner
Getting AWS certified is very much encouraged by companionship.
So get yourself a study buddy. You will also notice that a little healthy and jovial competitiveness can push you hard to do your best.
- Do the labs and learn the theory
AWS provides several certification prep and training chances. Most students find it tempting to power through all the theory material and come back to the labs later, but it is actually more effective to do the labs immediately after learning the relative theory.
- Don’t expect the same questions
Rote learning is not going to help. With that being said, the sample questions will be vital for your study because if you get them wrong, you will go back to the basics to find the reasons and clear your concepts more in the process.
- Do not hit the submit button until you are absolutely sure of it
When sitting for the exam, once you click on the Submit button, the answer rushes off to the server and you can’t change it. You can skip around through questions and, as long as you don’t submit them, come back to answer them when you’re ready.
If you select an option for a question, though, you can’t skip to another question until you’ve cleared that option.
- Join DevClass
The DevClass course will teach you professional skills to:
- Leverage different services of AWS to make your infrastructure reliable, scalable, and readily available.
- Take architectural decisions based on the AWS-recommended principles and practices.
- Leverage different services of AWS to enable greater resiliency and flexibility in an infrastructure.
- Make an infrastructure based on AWS that’s efficient enough to increase performance and reduce cost at the same time.
So you see you will be up and running in no time.